WESP connects top Canadian employers with talented and motivated individuals with disabilities.
WESP is designed specifically to provide experienced professionals and post-secondary graduates with disabilities with a professional view of the world of work.
Since 2005, the WESP program has given participants the necessary tools to be competitive in today’s job market and the confidence to become employed.
Our services include:
- WESP clients participate in 1-3 week long workshops. Workshops are followed by one-on-one job development and job coaching.
- WESP workshops feature:
- a full-time schedule (10:00am – 3:00pm daily)
- a customized curriculum that addresses current employment issues and trends
- workshop topics include:
- effective job search strategies
- social media and job searching
- time management
- workplace etiquette and netiquette
- interpersonal communication and conflict management
- disclosure in the workplace
- job accommodations
- interview techniques
- employment equity
- and many more!
You may qualify for WESP services if you:
- reside in the Greater Toronto Area
- self-identify as a person with a disability
- are currently unemployed/underemployed (working a maximum of 20 hours per week)
- aged 16+
- have professional competency in your field of interest and/or post-secondary education
- are proficient in Microsoft Office include MS Word (essential), keyboarding, internet browsing, and other areas needed for successful online job searching and office-based employment
- fluent in English, both written and verbal (essential)
- committed to a full-time employment search
To book an intake appointment, please complete our Pre-screening Intake Form or contact our Employment and Outreach Specialist for more information – self referrals are welcome!
This project is brought to you by the Canadian Council on Rehabilitation & Work (CCRW)