Are you a Job Seeker with a Disability? Do you have Post-Secondary Education or Equivalent Work Experience?
Since 2005, WESP has helped more than 565 professionals with disabilities find career-related employment.
Why is WESP different?
WESP clients participate in multi-week group workshops designed to simulate an actual office environment. Group workshops are followed by individual job coaching.
What can WESP do for me?
WESP workshops feature a full-time schedule with a customized curriculum that addresses current employment issues and trends.
WESP workshop topics include:
- effective job search strategies
- social media and job searching
- time management
- workplace etiquette and netiquette
- interpersonal communication and conflict management
- disclosure in the workplace
- job accommodations
- interview techniques
- employment equity
- and many more!
To Qualify for WESP, you must:
- reside in the Greater Toronto Area
- self-identify as a person with a disability
- are currently unemployed/underemployed (working a maximum of 20 hours per week)
- aged 16+
- Computer literate
- fluent in English, both written and verbal (essential)
- committed to a full-time employment search
- have professional competency in your field of interest and/or post-secondary education