Contact Us | 1-800-664-0925 |
| Subscribe to our newsletter |  DONATE |      
People having a meeting

Reasonable Doubt: get to know your Community Legal Clinic

The next time you have a question about your tenancy, are facing eviction, are denied ODSP or are refused Employment Insurance, contact your CLC.


Published in NOW Magazine August 8, 2016

“Community Legal Clinics (CLCs) are funded by Legal Aid Ontario, but are different than Legal Aid in a couple of important ways. First, workers there do not practice family or criminal law. (If you are looking for a lawyer in those areas, you should call the main Legal Aid Ontario number 1-800-668-8259 or 416-979-1446 in Toronto). CLCs generally have lawyers who practise Residential Tenancy Law, Disability Law (Ontario Disability Support Program and Canada Pension Plan-Disability), Employment Insurance, Social Assistance Law (overpayments or issues with Ontario Works and ODSP), Consumer Law and some Clinics do WSIB work. Check with yours to find out what areas of law they practise.”

For the rest of this article, please click or tap here

Leave a Reply

Address – National Office

477 Mount Pleasant Road, Suite 105
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4S 2L9
P: 1-800-664-0925
F: 416-260-3093


CCRW Twitter Feed